WEST COLTON... SOUTHERN PACIFIC'S NEW PIVOTAL YARD
The 560-acre yard, with a standing capacity of 6800 cars, is a brand new one that has drawn upon the best of previous yard and classification technology. A very detailed description of the yard is given in this article.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/4175009
Murphy-Richter Publishing Company20 North Wacker Driver
Chicago, IL USA 60606
- Publication Date: 1973-9
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Automation; Classification yards; Computers; Hump yards; Yard operations
- Old TRIS Terms: Automatic classification yards; Classification yard automation; Yard throughput
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00053989
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 3 1975 12:00AM