THE DEVELOPMENT OF RAILWAY BRAKES
This article traces the development of railway braking systems from the earliest mechanical brakes through the development of air brakes.
- Note: Part 2 of this article appeared in the March 1973 issue.
Institution of Mechanical Engineers1 Birdcage Walk
London SW1H 9JJ, England
- Marsh, G H
- Sharp, A C
- Publication Date: 1973-1
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 8 p.
- Railway Engineering Journal
- Volume: 2
- Issue Number: 1
- Publisher: Institution of Mechanical Engineers
- TRT Terms: Air brakes; Brake components; Brakes; History; Machine valves; Technology
- Geographic Terms: United Kingdom
- Old TRIS Terms: Brake valves; Braking systems
- Subject Areas: History; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00053982
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 20 1976 12:00AM