POLITICALLY EXPEDIENT LEGISLATION--TRANSPORTATION'S WATERLOO
This article maintains the the Rail Reorganization Act is getting us no closer to the problems of our transportation system as a whole. It further maintains the act does nothing to restructure and permanently improve the cash flow of the new NE railroad, nor does act necessarily open the door for solutions to the fundamental problems of economics, marketing, and operations. The fault lies with the crisis approach we take in coping with the fundamental problem of transportation in this country: How should we divide up the national transportation dollar between modes of transportation?
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/4175009
Murphy-Richter Publishing Company20 North Wacker Driver
Chicago, IL USA 60606
- Neuschell, R P
- Publication Date: 1974-3
- Pagination: 3 p.
- TRT Terms: Bankruptcy; Cash flow; Finance; Governments; Planning; Policy; Regulations; Subsidies
- Geographic Terms: Northeast Corridor; Northeastern United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Government planning; Government policies; Government regulations; Regional rail reorganization act
- Subject Areas: Finance; Law; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053868
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 7 1974 12:00AM