THE CONCRETE TIE: WHAT CAN BE EXPECTED FROM IT?
Recent investigations aimed at determining the causes of service cracks in concrete ties, along with the results, are described in this article. Modifications in a proposed specification for concrete ties resulting from these and other problems are noted. Problems involved in expanding concrete-tie production capacity are explored.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/1763403
Simmons-Boardman Publishing CorporationP.O. Box 350
Bristol, CT United States 06010
- Weber, J W
- Publication Date: 1973-12
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: 2 p.
- Railway Track and Structures
- Volume: 69
- Issue Number: 12
- Publisher: Simmons-Boardman Publishing Corporation
- ISSN: 0033-9016
- TRT Terms: Concrete; Concrete ties; Railroad ties; Railroad tracks; Standards
- Old TRIS Terms: Track standards
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053858
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Railway Track and Structures
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 26 1976 12:00AM