LABEL READABILITY--CRISIS IN ACI
The "shocker" was the threat of the Southern Railway, after having made a most comprehensive study of advantages and disadvantages, to defer ACI. Car labels are in such poor condition that they cannot be read reliably enough. The Southern Railway contended that it "cannot justify an ACI system at its present level of reliability... The major limitation to the applicability of ACI is label condition. ACI readability will not improve until a vigorous program of label maintenance is undertaken by the industry."
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/4175009
Murphy-Richter Publishing Company20 North Wacker Driver
Chicago, IL United States 60606
- Publication Date: 1973-11
- Pagination: 1 p.
- TRT Terms: Automatic car identification
- Identifier Terms: Southern Railway
- Subject Areas: Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053842
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 3 1974 12:00AM