ALTERNATIVE MULTIMODAL PASSENGER TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS: COMPARATIVE ECONOMIC ANALYSIS
The objectives of this project were to review currently used methods of evaluating the economics of alternative transportation systems, develop a framework within which to evaluate the economics of alternative multimodal metropolitan transportation systems, and develop quantification methods for such factors as accessibility and capacity that relate them to all modes. The research was to include sensitivity analysis to identify those aspects of a modal investment policy that have major impacts on the output variables and therefore should be included in the results presented to transportation decision makers.
- Record URL:
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/00775614
- Distribution, posting, or copying of this PDF is strictly prohibited without written permission of the Transportation Research Board of the National Academy of Sciences. Unless otherwise indicated, all materials in this PDF are copyrighted by the National Academy of Sciences. Copyright © National Academy of Sciences. All rights reserved.
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Frye, F F
- Publication Date: 1973
- Media Type: Digital/other
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 68 p.
- NCHRP Report
- Issue Number: 146
- Publisher: Transportation Research Board
- ISSN: 0077-5614
Open Access (libre)
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Commuter service; Economics; Multimodal transportation; Network analysis (Planning); Passenger service; Rapid transit; Transportation; Transportation planning
- Uncontrolled Terms: Comparative analysis; Transportation systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Substitutes
- Subject Areas: Economics; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00053835
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Prog Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, TRB
- Created Date: Jun 3 1982 12:00AM