PREVENTION OF CORROSION FROM BRINE DRIPPINGS ON TRACK AND STRUCTURES
The use of brine corrosion inhibitors was investigated. A discussion of the process of corrosion was presented. Laboratory tests consisting of disks of rail steel coated with different types of inhibitors and immersed in various brine solutions were performed. The effects of each type of brine solution on each type of inhibitor and the rail steel disk are discussed. There are no conclusions in this progress report.
American Railway Engineering Association59 East Van Buren Street
Chicago, IL USA 60605
- Publication Date: 1958
- Features: Figures; Photos;
- Pagination: 11 p.
- AREA BULLETIN
- Volume: 59
- Publisher: American Railway Engineering Association
- Accession Number: 00052390
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Association of American Railroads
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1974 12:00AM