WAYS TO FINANCE SUPERTANKERS
The various methods of financing ships are discussed, with particular emphasis placed on the financing of very large oil tankers. The traditional methods are shown to be inadequate, and other means are discussed which take into account the larger proportions of debt which result from the construction of these large vessels. Some sources of United States government financing are given, and alternatives to this, such as support from major oil companies, are also discussed. Advantages of bareboat charters and long maturity terms, as well as factors such as taxes, leasing, and competition are covered.
- Paper presented at the SOCCO Conference, New York, N.Y., Jan. 16, 1974.
Gulf Publishing CompanyBox 2608
Houston, TX United States 77001
- Beim, D O
- Publication Date: 1974-2
- Pagination: 3 p.
- Ocean Industry
- Volume: 9
- Issue Number: 2
- Publisher: Gulf Publishing Company
- TRT Terms: Finance; Financing; Planning; Ship operations; Ships; Supertankers
- Uncontrolled Terms: Financial management
- Old TRIS Terms: Financing plans; Ship financing
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Finance; Marine Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00052050
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Maritime Research Center, Kings Point
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 26 1974 12:00AM