THE NEW MANUFACTURING SYSTEM FOR THE FUNNEL OF SHIP
Recently, the computer and the new method of manufacturing combined with computer system have brought about a remarkable rationalization in the manufacturing process at shipyards, and in comparison with the past, the contents of the working process have been greatly changed. A year ago IHI developed a new manufacturing system for the funnel of a ship by using the computer and also new working devices, such as Numerical Control Drafter, Electronic Print Marking (EPM) Device, and this system has obtained satisfactory results with reduction of quite a few processes which formerly required skillful workers, and has decreased the labor charge and shortened the working period.
Ishikawajima-Harima Heavy Industries Co., Ltd.2-16, Toyosu 3 Chome, Koto-Ku
Tokyo 135, Japan
- Dobayashi, S
- Fujiwara, T
- Kanaji, T
- Publication Date: 1973-1
- Pagination: p. 57-63
- Ishikawajima-Harima Engineering Review
- Volume: 13
- Issue Number: 1
- Publisher: Ishikawajima-Harima Heavy Industries Co., Ltd.
- TRT Terms: Computer aided design; Numerical control
- Old TRIS Terms: Stack design
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00052020
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ishikawajima-Harima Heavy Industries Co., Ltd.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 7 1974 12:00AM