SINGLE LEVER TYPE DUCKPELLER REMOTE CONTROL EQUIPMENT TCM-360D
The duckpeller is a marine propulsion and 360 steering unit having great thrust and high maneuverability. It consists of two (2) sets of port and starboard separate propulsion units, each of which can be rotated through 360 degrees. This single lever type duckpeller remote control equipment incorporates IC transistorized analogue calculating circuits which function to enable the ship to change its course in any direction by simply tilting the single lever in the desired direction corresponding to the course of the ship, and to keep the ship speed in proportion to its tilting angle from the lever neutral (upright) position under the condition that the both port and starboard propellers are running at constant speed; when the lever is set to the neutral position, the ship will come to a stop. Perfect correspondence between the ship's maneuvering characteristics and the operator's hand movements result in easy and safe operation of the duckpeller equipment.
Ishikawajima-Harima Heavy Industries Co., Ltd.2-16, Toyosu 3 Chome, Koto-Ku
Tokyo 135, Japan
- Sato, S
- Publication Date: 1973-5
- Pagination: p. 339-348
- Ishikawajima-Harima Engineering Review
- Volume: 13
- Issue Number: 3
- Publisher: Ishikawajima-Harima Heavy Industries Co., Ltd.
- TRT Terms: Propulsion; Remote control; Steerable propellers; Vehicle power plants
- Old TRIS Terms: Propeller speed; Propulsion machinery controls; Remote control systems
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00052019
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ishikawajima-Harima Heavy Industries Co., Ltd.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 7 1974 12:00AM