ELECTRIFICATION OF THE RAILWAYS--AN ECONOMIC NECESSITY FROM THE POINT OF VIEW OF POWER?
ELEKTRIFIZIERUNG DER EISENBAHNEN--EINE ENERGIEWIRTSCHAFTLICHE NOTWENDIGKEIT?
The necessity of electrification depends on the relationship between the electric energy produced and the production of mineral oil (power factor "e"), as well as on the relationship between the cost of electric energy and that of diesel energy (cost factor, "p"), the relationship between stocks of mineral oil and annual requirements (life factor, "d"), the relationship between the length of the railway lines and the surface of the ground (traction factor, "g"), and the relationship between the length of electrified lines and the total length (electrification factor "l"), and the reciprocal value of the annual rebuilt-km (factor taking into account the extension of the railway system, "k").
Verlag R OldenbourgRosenheimer Strasse 145
Munich 80, Germany
- Ural, A
- Publication Date: 1973
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 3 p.
- Elektrische Bahnen
- Issue Number: 3
- Publisher: Verlag R Oldenbourg
- TRT Terms: Economics; Energy resources; Railroad electrification
- Uncontrolled Terms: Energy crisis
- Subject Areas: Economics; Energy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00051973
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 26 1974 12:00AM