STRESSES TO WHICH THE TRACK, THE BALLAST, AND THE SUBGRADE ARE SUBJECT, UNDER THE ACTION OF MOVING LOADS
SOLLICITATIONS DE LA VOIE, DU BALLAST ET DE LA PLATE-FORME SOUS L'ACTION DES CHARGES ROULANTES.
The above article contains a synthesis of the research carried out by ORE D 71 Committee. Details are shown, in a condensed form, of the partial results set out in the 12 reports prepared by that Committee. So far as concerns research into the stresses to which the fastenings and sleepers are subjected, additional information is provided, showing the present concerning the studies carried out by the SNCF, after the general report had been drawn up. Progress effected in the field of the extensometric technique enables certain pressures to be more clearly established, and the use to be avoided of corrective coefficients, or empirical formulae, for the study of the rheological characteristics of the ballast and the subgrade. These investigations are carried out within the framework of research into the interaction between the track and the vehicle, and the optimum equipment of the conventional track.
Societe Nationale des Chemins de Fer Francais92 rue Bonaparte
75 Paris 6e, France
- Publication Date: 1973-5
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Data collection; Railroad ties; Railroad tracks; Stability (Mechanics); Subgrade (Pavements); Train track dynamics
- Uncontrolled Terms: Track stability
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Pavements; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00051964
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 26 1976 12:00AM