IS THE CORRUGATION AND PITTING OF RUNNING AND ROLLER ASSEMBLIES CAUSED BY ULTRASOUND?
RIFFELN UND GRUEBCHEN AUF ROLL- UND WALZKORPERN. SIND SIE ULTRASCHALLBEDINGT?
The corrugation of railway wheels, which is revealed on the test bench, is due to the tone-frequency bending vibration of the wheel discs. Corrugation which is vertical to the direction of running is explained by lateral ultrasonic waves.
Hestra VerlagHolzhofallee 33, Postfach 4244
6100 Darmstadt 1, Germany
- Werner, K
- Publication Date: 1973
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 8 p.
- Eisenbahntechnische Rundschau
- Issue Number: 4
- Publisher: Hestra Verlag
- TRT Terms: Defects; Technology; Train track dynamics; Ultrasonic waves; Wheels
- Geographic Terms: Germany
- Old TRIS Terms: Wheel defects
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00051963
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 26 1976 12:00AM