FREIGHT HANDLING: NEW ZEALAND'S QUIET REVOLUTION
Steeply-graded and curved 3ft 6in gauge track, a restricted loading gauge, and concentration of a small population into coastal towns are just some of the handicaps facing NZR in its efforts to provide efficient and profitable freight service. Nevertheless, operating and financial statistics confirm the major change achieved in freight handling techniques.
IPC Transport Press, LimitedDorset House, Stamford Street
London SE1 9LU, England
- Small, T M
- Publication Date: 1974
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Freight service
- Identifier Terms: New Zealand Government Railways
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00051959
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Developing Railways
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 26 1974 12:00AM