GETTING THE BEST OUT OF DIESEL TRACTION
While more than 200 steam locomotives remain in use, East African Railways finds efficient utilisation and good maintenance of its diesel fleet not always easy to achieve. The need to avoid redundancy is a serious constraint, but much can be done by the comprehensive approach to efficiency typified by EAR's new diesel depots.
IPC Transport Press, LimitedDorset House, Stamford Street
London SE1 9LU, England
- Gakuo, E N
- Publication Date: 1974
- Features: Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Diesel electric locomotives; Equipment; Locomotive utilization; Locomotives
- Old TRIS Terms: Equipment utilization
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00051957
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Developing Railways
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 26 1974 12:00AM