PENN CENTRAL: WHAT PRICE GOVERNMENT AID?
Penn Central's trustees have recommended three alternative forms of government assistance: a) Subsidies until the railroad becomes viable; b) Joint venture involving conveyance of rail plant to public authority, government commitment to maintain and to improve plant, and proportionate sharing of user charges paid by private operating company; c) Government purchase or lease of right of way at fair market value with subsequent government operation by private company paying user charges.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/1586268
Simmons-Boardman Publishing CorporationP.O. Box 350
Bristol, CT United States 06010
- Publication Date: 1973-2
- Pagination: 1 p.
- TRT Terms: Subsidies
- Identifier Terms: Penn Central Transportation Company
- Subject Areas: Finance; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00051935
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 26 1974 12:00AM