VALUE ENGINEERING IN DEFENSE CONTRACTING
Value engineering is one of the most effective approaches to cost reduction in government contracting. The program is well established in the Dept of Defense through the inclusion of value engineering provisions in government contracts. Many value engineering proposals have been submitted by industry as a result of these provisions in government contracts. Many value engineering proposals have been submitted by industry as a result of these provisions, and savings have resulted in defense procurement. Industry has shared in the savings resulting from value engineering change proposal submissions and consequently has realized a greater income from government contracts.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY United States 10016-5990
- Herzog, D R
- Publication Date: 1969-11-16
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Contract administration; Quality control
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00002267
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper 69-WA/Mgt-2
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 30 1972 12:00AM