INDEX OF METHODICAL SERIES SHIP MODEL RESISTANCE TESTS
This bulletin contains an index of methodical ship model series resistance tests conducted since 1877 involving some variations of different hull proportions and form parameters. It thus could provide useful data for ship designers to estimate resistance and propulsion characteristics for a particular hull design. In addition to the index, a separate sheet is presented for each test covering the type of ship used, source and original publication, range of principal dimensions and proportions with speed investigated; the method of presentation of resistance results; skin friction basis; model size; any propulsion experiments conducted and other pertinent comments concerning the tests.
- Prepared under Panel H-2 (Resistance and Propulsion) of SNAME.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ USA 07306-2907
- Mercier, J A
- Publication Date: 1973-7
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 140 p.
- T&R Bulletin
- Issue Number: 1-31
- Publisher: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- TRT Terms: Fluid resistance; Hulls; Resistance tests; Ships; Structural models
- Uncontrolled Terms: Hull resistance; Ship models
- Old TRIS Terms: Model testing
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00051207
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 28 1974 12:00AM