NEW CRANE BOASTS MANY ADVANTAGES
A description of a shipboard crane, which has been developed for use aboard Lash vessels, is given. This 30-ton crane is to be used for the handling of both 20- and 40-ft containers, as well as any oversize cargo. Details of the crane and gantry, its construction and operation, as well as advantages this crane has over other conventional shipboard cranes, are given. A list of container handling speeds, for both 20- and 30-ton loads, is also included.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/07325460
Simmons-Boardman Publishing CorporationP.O. Box 350
Bristol, CT USA 06010
- Publication Date: 1973-10
- Pagination: 2 p.
- Marine Engineering/Log
- Volume: 78
- Issue Number: 11
- Publisher: New York: Simmons-Boardman Publishing Corp.
- ISSN: 0732-5460
- TRT Terms: Cargo handling equipment; Container handling; Containers; Cranes; Gantry cranes
- Old TRIS Terms: Shipboard cranes
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00051168
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Maritime Research Center, Kings Point
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 28 1974 12:00AM