LUBRICANTS FOR ELECTRICAL CONTACTS
The survey includes 28 different lubricants for application in low power contacts, switches, potentiometers and in certain types of connectors. It does not particularly apply to the special problems encountered in low power relay contacts and in power contacts, although some of the results may apply also to these types of contacts. Most of the lubricants are special products manufactured for this particular purpose, while some of them are standard types of lubricants considered suitable for this kind of lubrication. The investigation consists of a number of different types of analyses, climatic exposures and electrical measurements, all designed to reveal the capability of reliable performance of the lubricants with respect to assurance of good contact and low wear through long periods of operation, and at the same time with no deteriorating effects on other materials or components in the equipment. The measurements have shown that few of the lubricants are suitable in every respect.
Danish Research Center for Applied ElectronicsHorsholm, Denmark
- Olesen, S T
- Publication Date: 1971-8
- Pagination: 27 p.
- Publisher: Danish Research Center for Applied Electronics
- TRT Terms: Electrical equipment; Lubricants; Repairing; Switches (Electricity)
- Old TRIS Terms: Electric switches; Electrical repairs
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00051122
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 28 1974 12:00AM