AIR CUSHION VEHICLE STUDY FOR CABOT STRAIT
A feasibility study was conducted of the technical and economic potential for implementing and air cushion vehicle (A.C.V.) ferry service between Port-aux-Basques, NFLD. and North Sydney, N.S. The purpose was to provide research for the surface administration (M.O.T.). The final report described operation characteristics of an A.C.V. operation vs. a comparable operation of a new ferry over a 15 year time span.
- Research sponsored by Canadian Ministry of Transport.
Transportation Development Agency, Canada2085 Union, 9th Floor
Montreal, PQ Canada
- Johnson, H
- Bergen-Hengouwen, S
- Publication Date: 0
- TRT Terms: Air cushion vehicles; Economics; Ferries
- Old TRIS Terms: Hovercraft economics; Hovercraft operations
- Subject Areas: Economics; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00057977
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Association of Canada
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 22 1974 12:00AM