PERSONNEL NOISE EXPOSURE EVALUATION
The method of personnel exposure evaluation described was developed to define clearly for management and operating personnel which jobs may have excessive occupational noise exposures. It requires a noise survey of A-weighted sound levels in the work areas. These readings, designated dBA, are plotted as contours on a plan of each work area and the intermediate zones are colored coded. From the length of time a workman spends in each zone, the extent of his noise exposure may be determined.
- Based on a lecture presented at the 8th Institute on Noise Control Engineering, Richmond, Va., March 26, 1974.
Institute on Noise ControlP.O. Box 3164
Bethlehem, PA United States 18017
- Judd, S H
- Publication Date: 1974-3
- TRT Terms: Measurement; Noise; Ships
- Uncontrolled Terms: Noise measurement
- Old TRIS Terms: Shipboard noise
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00057546
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Institute on Noise Control
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 28 1974 12:00AM