INHIBITION AND CORROSION CONTROL PRACTICES FOR BOILER WATERS
The corrosion reactions analyzed include: pitting, concentration corrosion, caustic embrittlement, stress corrosion and corrosion-erosion. Internal treatment with inhibitors utilizes two forms: precipitating treatment and solubilizing treatment, using phosphate or carbonate control. Methods for controlling post boiler corrosion and corrosion in high-temperature hot-water systems are also dismissed.
- Published Volume: "Corros. Inhbitiors," pp 196-219.
National Association of Corrosion EngineersP.O. Box 1499
Houston, TX United States 77001
- Metcalf, J H
- Publication Date: 1973
- Features: References;
- TRT Terms: Boiler tubes; Boilers; Corrosion; Corrosion protection; Equipment maintenance
- Old TRIS Terms: Boiler maintenance; Boiler tube corrosion; Boiler water treatment; Feed water treatment
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00057307
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 28 1974 12:00AM