WROUGHT STEEL WHEELS AND FORGED RAILWAY AXLES
The progressive steps in producing a wheel, including forging the blank, rolling, heat treating and machining are described, followed by analysis of defects in service and criteria for wheel specifications. Grades of steel used, heat treatment, metallurgical specifications, machining and forging procedures for axles are covered.
- Appeared in the Steel Products Manual.
American Iron and Steel Institute150 East 42nd Street
New York, NY USA 10017
- Publication Date: 1973-9
- TRT Terms: Axles; Freight cars; Passenger cars; Wheels
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00056818
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 31 1976 12:00AM