CHOPPER CONTROLS FOR TORONTO SUBWAY CARS
The Toronto Transit Commission has installed regenerative chopper controls in six of its latest subway cars, type H-2, replacing conventional electromechanical cam shaft controls. The operation of the cars, and future trends, are discussed.
- Presented at the IEEE International Electr, Electron Conference and Expo. Toronto.
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)3 Park Avenue, 17th Floor
New York, NY United States 10016-5997
- Roberts, F W
- Publication Date: 0
- TRT Terms: Electric power conditioning; Propulsion; Rapid transit; Rapid transit cars; Technology; Thyristors; Vehicle power plants
- Geographic Terms: Canada; Toronto (Canada)
- Old TRIS Terms: Propulsion controls; Thyristor control
- Subject Areas: Public Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00056765
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 22 1981 12:00AM