SHIPS ARE MOORED OFFSHORE FOR TRANSPORTING LIQUIDS TO OR FROM SHORE
Ships are moored offshore for transporting liquids to or from shore by a system including an upright mast pivotally anchored to a base on the floor and extending above the water level. A mooring boom extends laterally from the mast, and floats support the mast and mooring boom. Preferably, a riser running through the mast is connected to a pipeline to shore at its bottom and to flexible hoses running through the boom at its upper end.
- U.S. Patent Classification No. C1.9/8.
United States Patent Office2021 Jefferson Davis Highway
Arlington, VA United States 22202
- Erzen, C A
- Publication Date: 1970-3-17
- TRT Terms: Offshore terminals; Petroleum; Petroleum terminals; Piers (Wharves); Single point moorings
- Old TRIS Terms: Spm pier structures
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00056678
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Petroleum Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: Patent
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 22 1974 12:00AM