METHOD FOR THE LOADING AND UNLOADING OF FLUIDS
Loading or unloading fluid from a vessel at sea, such as a large tanker, is accomplished by means of a pipeline, one end of which is provided with or secured to a floating means or a buoy. The vessel is provided with a means for dynamic positioning without the use of anchors. When the vessel approaches the buoy, its position at that time is near the end of the pipeline. With the aid of automatic means, the end of the pipeline is attached to the vessel and secured for loading or unloading. The means for dynamic positioning of the vessel may be made up of a system of extra impellers and an automatic controller pertaining to the operation of the impellers for the management of the vessel in the desired manner.
- Venezuelan Patent Application Number 66/0,946.
Shell Internationale Research Maatschappij NV,
- Vaneek, W H
- Publication Date: 1966-6-21
- TRT Terms: Mooring; Single point moorings
- Old TRIS Terms: Spm new concepts
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00056666
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Petroleum Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: Patent
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 22 1974 12:00AM