IN AN OFFSHORE STRUCTURE FOR LOADING AND UNLOADING TANKERS
In an offshore structure for loading and unloading tankers or for ship to ship transfer and including a central tower rising above the water from a base anchored on the sea bottom and a floating body rotatable through an angle of 360 deg about the tower to support the transfer pipe, the tower is elastic and capable of elastic deformation in the event of impact. Specifically, the tower consists of one or several hollow steel piles driven into the bottom.
- Netherlands Patent Application Number 69,16408.
- Publication Date: 1970-5-14
- TRT Terms: Offshore terminals; Petroleum; Petroleum terminals; Single point moorings
- Old TRIS Terms: Spm tower structures
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00056665
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Petroleum Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: Patent
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 22 1974 12:00AM