THE STRESS ON THE MOORING CABLE IN LOADING OR UNLOADING A SHIP
The stress on the mooring cable in loading or unloading a ship moored with its bow to a single point and free to swing is measured and used to produce a signal which is received ashore or aboard ship, and the ship is cast off as soon as the signal indicates that the stress exceeds a predetermined maximum limit.
- Netherland Patent Application 70,10213.
Shell Internationale Research Maatschappij NV,
- Publication Date: 1970-9-23
- TRT Terms: Dynamic loads; Mooring; Mooring cables; Single point moorings
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00056653
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Petroleum Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: Patent
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 22 1974 12:00AM