AN OFFSHORE LOADING AND UNLOADING FACILITY FOR TANKERS
An offshore loading and unloading facility for tankers includes a tower anchored on the sea bottom, a generally rectangular floating bridge pivotable about the tower through an angle of 360 deg for mooring the tanker along at least one of its sides, and a transfer line extending from the tower to the mooring side, the pivot point being at a corner which is opposite to the mooring side.
- Netherlands Patent Appl. 69,16576.
- Publication Date: 1970-5-14
- TRT Terms: Offshore terminals; Petroleum; Petroleum terminals; Single point moorings
- Old TRIS Terms: Spm tower structures
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00056644
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Petroleum Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: Patent
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 22 1974 12:00AM