AN APPARATUS FOR TRANSFERRING LIQUID CARGO TO OR FROM A VESSEL MOORED OFFSHORE
An apparatus for transferring liquid cargo to or from a vessel moored offshore comprises a hollow erectable fluid-conducting mast connect to rigid arms which communicate with a liquid storage or supply station on the shore and which conduct the liquid to or from the vessel. The mast is capable of a wide range of motion about its submerged anchor to accommodate drifting of the vessel and lies on the sea bed when not in use.
- U.S. Patent Classification No. C1.141/387.
FMC CorporationBox 1201, 1107 Coleman Avenue
San Jose, CA United States 95108
- Billy, P J
- Publication Date: 1968-11-5
- TRT Terms: Offshore terminals; Petroleum; Petroleum terminals; Single point moorings
- Old TRIS Terms: Spm tower structures
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00056641
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Petroleum Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: Patent
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 22 1974 12:00AM