A SYSTEM FOR POSITIONING A VESSEL EXACTLY WITH RESPECT TO A DESIRED POINT ON THE SEA BOTTOM
A system for positioning a vessel exactly with respect to a desired point on the sea bottom includes an energy source for directing a beam of energy toward the bottom, a device for receiving the beam and generating an electric signal indicative of the distance and direction of the device from the center of the beam, and operating gear for moving the vessel to align the receiver with the beam.
- German Patent Appl. No. 1,756,698 dated April 30, 1970.
Texaco Development Corporation,
- Armistead, F C
- Paull, P L
- Publication Date: 1970-4-30
- TRT Terms: Mooring; Single point moorings
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00056638
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Petroleum Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: Patent
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 22 1974 12:00AM