A SURFACE UNIT FOR A SINGLE POINT MOORING SYSTEM
A surface unit for a single point mooring system comprises a floating terminal attached by a universal joint to a rigid-walled tether pipe which is anchored to the bottom, a loading boom pivotally mounted on the pipe beneath the water surface, a floatation tank on the outer end of the boom, a transition arm mounted on the terminal and forming a fluid path between the terminal and the boom, a releasable device connecting the outer end of the transition arm to the inner end of a fluid conduit which extends the length of the boom for loading and unloading, and a device for lowering the outer end of the boom to a point adjacent the tether pipe to store it vertically beneath the water surface when not in use.
- U.S. Patent Classification No. C1.141/387.
Mobil Oil CorporationPaulsboro, NJ USA 08066
- Manning, W F
- Publication Date: 1970-7-7
- TRT Terms: Offshore terminals; Petroleum; Petroleum terminals; Single point moorings
- Old TRIS Terms: Spm new concepts
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00056637
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Petroleum Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: Patent
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 22 1974 12:00AM