A SUBSEA PRODUCING AND SINGLE POINT MOORING SYSTEM
A subsea producing and single point mooring system includes a submerged storage tank anchored in the marine bottom, a tether pipe attached to the tank and extending vertically at least to the surface of the water, a floating terminal fastened to the upper end of the pipe, a device communicating between the tank and the terminal and supported at least in part by the tether pipe, and a device for conducting the material from the terminal to a vessel.
- U.S. Patent Classification No. C1.141/387.
Mobil Oil CorporationPaulsboro, NJ United States 08066
- Manning, W F
- Publication Date: 1970-7-7
- TRT Terms: Offshore terminals; Petroleum; Petroleum terminals; Single point moorings
- Old TRIS Terms: Spm buoy storage; Spm new concepts
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00056636
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Petroleum Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: Patent
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 22 1974 12:00AM