A SINGLE-POINT MOORING BUOY FOR LOADING A GAS OR LIQUID INTO OR FROM A SHIP
A single-point mooring buoy for loading a gas or liquid into or from a ship includes a rotatable ring portion for mooring the ship by a rope or chain at a tangent to the ring. The ring rotates about a body portion fixed to the sea bottom and connected to an underwater pipeline by a flexible hose provided with floats of controllable buoyancy so that the hose has an S-shaped or double curvature in a substantially vertical plane below the water surface.
- German Patent Appl. No. 1,963,589 dated June 25, 1970. Netherlands Patent Appl. No. 68,18357 dated June 23, 1970.
Shell Internationale Research Maatschappij NV,
- Westra, S
- Publication Date: 0
- TRT Terms: Offshore terminals; Petroleum; Petroleum terminals; Single point moorings
- Old TRIS Terms: Spm improved conventional
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00056630
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Petroleum Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: Patent
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 22 1974 12:00AM