A FLOATING PIER FOR LOADING AND UNLOADING CRUDE OIL OR FREE-FLOWING SOLIDS
A floating pier for loading and unloading crude oil or free-flowing solids comprises an elongated open frame with bow and stern portions, longitudinal tubular stringers spaced to form the submerged bottom and the sides above the waterline, U-shaped transverse hollow struts rigidly connecting the stringers, a platform mounted on the frame near the bow and provided with equipment for transfer of flowable solids, and a hub attached at the forward part of the frame for pivoting about a vertical pipe driven into the sea bottom. The top of the hub extends above the water level and carries the fixtures for the transfer of liquid cargo.
- German Patent Appl. 1,917,358.
Harris (Frederic R) IncorporatedStamford, CT United States
- Harlow, E H
- Publication Date: 1969-10-16
- TRT Terms: Floating docks; Floating structures; Offshore terminals; Petroleum; Petroleum terminals; Single point moorings
- Old TRIS Terms: Spm buoy storage
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Geotechnology; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00056620
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Petroleum Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: Patent
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 22 1974 12:00AM