A CHAIN GUIDE, PARTICULARLY FOR ANCHOR CHAINS
A chain guide, particularly for anchor chains, includes a first chain sprocket mounted on a support which is free to move about its axis and at least one other sprocket mounted at right angles to the first with their grooves providing a mutually tangential path for the chain in the first sprocket to eliminate any side thrust, regardless of the position of the ship's bow.
- Netherland Patent Classification 69,18552.
Companie Francaise des Petroles,
- Publication Date: 1970-6-15
- TRT Terms: Mooring cables; Single point moorings
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00056615
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Petroleum Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: Patent
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 22 1974 12:00AM