RESIDUAL LIQUID IS PURGED FROM A FLEXIBLE HOSE, ESPECIALLY BETWEEN A TANKER AND AN UNDERSEA PIPE
Residual liquid is purged from a flexible hose, especially between a tanker and an undersea pipe, with a device including a liquid-controlled gas valve which is located at the junction between the pipe and the hose and which permits injection of gas into the hose to displace the residual liquid back into the pipeline when loading is completed.
- U.S. Patent Classification C1.137/209.
Esso Research and Engineering CompanyFlorham Park, NJ United States 07932
- Flory, J F
- Publication Date: 1970-12-1
- TRT Terms: Hoses; Offshore terminals; Petroleum; Petroleum terminals; Single point moorings
- Old TRIS Terms: Spm hoses and handling
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Geotechnology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00056605
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Petroleum Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: Patent
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 22 1974 12:00AM