AN APPARATUS FOR MOORING, LOADING, AND UNLOADING SHIPS OFFSHORE
An apparatus for mooring, loading and unloading ships offshore comprises an arm with one portion mounted on a base at the sea bottom for universal rotation at one end and with a second portion hinged to the other end for limited pivotal movement. The free end of the second portion is kept above sea level by floats. A conduit within the first and second portions has a free end for attachment to the ship.
- U.S. Patent Classification: C1.141/387.
Esso Research and Engineering CompanyFlorham Park, NJ United States 07932
- Hnot, W R
- Publication Date: 1971-3-23
- TRT Terms: Offshore terminals; Single point moorings
- Old TRIS Terms: Spm tower structures
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00056580
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Petroleum Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: Patent
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 22 1974 12:00AM