A SINGLE-POINT MOORING AND LOADING AND/OR UNLOADING SYSTEM, ESPECIALLY FOR TANKERS
A single-point mooring and loading and/or unloading system, especially for tankers, includes a mooring base anchored to the sea bottom; a mooring buoy tied to the base by a flexible restraining linkage of predetermined length including two relatively rotatable portions, one of which has a rigid pipe socket; a swivel for the transfer of cargo, rotatable over an arc of 360 deg in sealing engagement with the socket; flexible tubes cooperating with the swivel for the flow of cargo between the buoy and the base; and a brake device to prevent excessive twisting of the flexible tubes with respect to the restraining connection.
- German Patent Appl. 2,043,751 dated March 11, 1971.
Esso Research and Engineering CompanyFlorham Park, NJ USA 07932
- Flory, J F
- Publication Date: 0
- TRT Terms: Offshore terminals; Petroleum; Petroleum terminals; Single point moorings
- Old TRIS Terms: Spm improved conventional
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00056576
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Petroleum Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: Patent
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 22 1974 12:00AM