A FLOATING STORAGE SYSTEM FOR OIL AND GAS PRODUCED FROM OFFSHORE WELLS
A floating storage system for oil and gas produced from offshore wells includes a floating storage vessel having a ship-shaped hull and moored to a buoy so that it is free to pivot through 360 deg. The mooring buoy is anchored to the sea bottom and connected to the well by a flow line which extends into a gas-liquid separator in the buoy. The separated oil flows through a swivel joint to the storage vessel, and the separated gas passes to a flare stack extending vertically from the swivel joint.
- U.S. Patent Classification: C1.9/8.
Mobil Oil CorporationPaulsboro, NJ United States 08066
- Rupp, L A
- Publication Date: 1971-1-26
- TRT Terms: Offshore terminals; Petroleum; Petroleum terminals; Single point moorings
- Old TRIS Terms: Spm buoy storage
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00056571
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Petroleum Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: Patent
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 22 1974 12:00AM