A VISCOUS FLUID, SUCH AS HEAVY MINERAL OIL, IS TRANSPORTED THROUGH A PIPELINE
A viscous fluid, such as heavy mineral oil, is transported through a pipeline while surrounded by a stream of an immiscible liquid having a lower viscosity and containing rigid particles or molecules or molecules which can be made elastic or viscoelastic. In a specific claim, the low viscosity liquid is an aqueous solution containing 1000-20,000 ppm of a vinyl alcohol homo- or copolymer.
- Netherlands Patent Appl. 70,02123, dated August 19, 1970.
Shell Internationale Research Maatschappij NV,
- Publication Date: 0
- TRT Terms: Additives; Drag; Pipe flow; Polymers
- Old TRIS Terms: Drag reduction; Pipeline flow theory; Polymer additives
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00056440
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Petroleum Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: Patent
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1974 12:00AM