THE RESUSPENSION OF A SLURRY IN A SHUTDOWN PIPELINE IS FACILITATED
The resuspension of a slurry in a shutdown pipeline is facilitated by establishing a slurry-free zone in the pipeline in the places where slumping and compacting of the soild phase by gravity is likely to occur upon shutdown and introducing a liquid-rich slurry upon restart to erode away and resuspend compacted soild materials.
- U.S. Patent Classification No: C1.302/66.
Shell Oil Company50 West 50th Street
New York, NY USA 10020
- Chao, J L
- Publication Date: 1971-5-18
- TRT Terms: Materials management; Pipeline transportation; Slurry
- Old TRIS Terms: Pipeline economics; Slurries; Slurry handling techniques
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Pipelines; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00056353
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Petroleum Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: Patent
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1974 12:00AM