SULFUR IS TRANSPORTED THROUGH A PIPELINE
Sulfur is transported through a pipeline without sticking, agglomeration, or plugging of the line by mixing 0.1-10% of an asphaltene with a petroleum distillate or condensate, injecting 10-75% of molten sulfur into the resulting mixture, and injecting the resulting slurry into a pipeline.
- U.S. Patent Classificarion No. C1.302/66.
Shell Oil Company50 West 50th Street
New York, NY USA 10020
- June, R K
- Publication Date: 1971-6-1
- TRT Terms: Pipeline transportation; Slurry; Sulfur pipelines
- Old TRIS Terms: Pipeline economics; Slurries
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Pipelines; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00056345
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Petroleum Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: Patent
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1974 12:00AM