SETTLED SOLIDS IN A SHUTDOWN SLURRY PIPELINE ARE RESUSPENDED
Settled solids in a shutdown slurry pipeline are resuspended with an apparatus including an inlet pipe communicating with the interior of the pipeline along a portion where plug formation is likely to occur, a source of high-pressure inert gas, and a device for introducing the gas into the pipeline to loosen the solids upon restart.
- U.S. Patent Classification No. C1.302/14.
Shell Oil Company50 West 50th Street
New York, NY United States 10020
- Titus, P E
- Publication Date: 1971-6-1
- TRT Terms: Materials management; Pipeline transportation; Slurry
- Old TRIS Terms: Pipeline economics; Slurries; Slurry handling techniques
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Pipelines; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00056338
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Petroleum Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: Patent
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1974 12:00AM