RESTART PRESSURE IS MINIMIZED IN A SHUTDOWN SLURRY PIPELINE
Restart pressure is minimized in a shutdown slurry pipeline by providing a bypass manifold in selected portions of the line to enable plugs formed by slumping of the slurry solids to be restarted in segments. The arrangement also permits bypass of selected plugs in the line.
- U.S. Patent Classification No. C1.302/14.
Shell Oil Company50 West 50th Street
New York, NY USA 10020
- Meyer, F L
- Publication Date: 1971-4-20
- TRT Terms: Materials management; Pipeline transportation; Pipelines; Slurry; Structural design
- Old TRIS Terms: Pipeline design; Pipeline economics; Slurry handling techniques
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Pipelines; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00056337
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Petroleum Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: Patent
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1974 12:00AM