PLUGGING OF A SHUTDOWN SLURRY PIPELINE WITH SETTLED SOLIDS IS RETARDED OR ELIMINATED
Plugging of a shutdown slurry pipeline with settled solids is retarded or eliminated by laying a bypass line between the upper point and the lowermost point of an inclined portion of the pipeline and pumping the slurry from the upper point back to the lowermost point to agitate and keep any settled solids in suspension.
- U.S. Patent Classification No. C1.302/14.
Shell Oil Company50 West 50th Street
New York, NY USA 10020
- Titus, P E
- Publication Date: 1971-7-6
- TRT Terms: Materials management; Pipeline transportation; Pipelines; Slurry; Structural design
- Old TRIS Terms: Pipeline design; Pipeline economics; Slurry handling techniques
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Pipelines; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00056332
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Petroleum Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: Patent
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1974 12:00AM