PLUG FORMATION IN A SHUTDOWN PIPELINE FOR TRANSPORTING A SLURRY IS PREVENTED
Plug formation in a shutdown pipeline for transporting a slurry is prevented with an apparatus including a slurry drain in the pipeline at locations where plug formation is likely to occur, a storage device for the drainaed slurry, a valve for controlling the slurry flow from the pipeline into the storage device, and a recirculation device for transporting the slurry from the storage device back into the pipeline.
- U.S. Patent Classification No. C1.302/14.
Shell Oil Company50 West 50th Street
New York, NY United States 10020
- Dimopoulos, H G
- Publication Date: 1971-6-1
- TRT Terms: Materials management; Pipeline transportation; Slurry
- Old TRIS Terms: Pipeline economics; Slurries; Slurry handling techniques
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Pipelines; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00056331
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Petroleum Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: Patent
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1974 12:00AM