IN TRANSPORTING A SLURRY THROUGH A PIPELINE, HETEROGENEOUS FLOW IS DETECTED
In transporting a slurry through a pipeline, heterogeneous flow is detected by measuring the flow velocity at a first location at the top of the pipeline and a second location near the bottom of the pipeline and comparing the two values. The apparatus, including thermisters connected in a bridge circuit, is also claimed.
- U.S. Patent Calssification Number C1.73/53.
Shell Oil Company50 West 50th Street
New York, NY United States 10020
- Wicks III, M
- Publication Date: 1970-12-22
- TRT Terms: Flow measurement; Operations; Pipe flow; Pipeline transportation; Slurry
- Old TRIS Terms: Pipeline operating problems; Slurries
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Design; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Pipelines;
- Accession Number: 00056316
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Petroleum Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: Patent
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1974 12:00AM