IN A SLURRY PIPELINE INCLUDING A DESCENDING AND AN ASCENDING LEG
In a slurry pipeline including a descending and an ascending leg, the lowermost portion where compacted solids are liable to settle out upon shutdown consists of pipe sections of progressively larger diameter in the direction of flow, to facilitate resuspension of solids when operation is restarted.
- U.S. Patent Classification No. C1.302/14.
Shell Oil Company50 West 50th Street
New York, NY United States 10020
- Titus, P E
- Publication Date: 0
- TRT Terms: Materials management; Pipeline transportation; Pipelines; Slurry; Structural design
- Old TRIS Terms: Pipeline design; Pipeline economics; Slurry handling techniques
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Pipelines; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00056312
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Petroleum Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: Z D D
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1974 12:00AM